What is the Google Online Marketing Challenge?
The Google Online Marketing Challege is a unique opportunity for students to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords and Google+. Over 100,000 students and professors from almost 100 countries have participated in the past 8 years.
With a $250 AdWords advertising budget provided by Google, students develop and run an online advertising campaign for a business or non-proﬁt organization over a three week period. The teams that develop and communicate the most successful campaigns win awesome prizes, including trips to Google ofﬁces. Students also have the opportunity to participate in the optional Google+ Social Media Marketing category by creating and managing a Google+ Page for their clients for a ﬁve week period.
The Challenge is open to student teams of three to six members from undergraduate or graduate programs, regardless of their major. All students must register under a veriﬁed faculty member, lecturer or instructor currently employed by an accredited higher education institute.
Visit www.google.com/onlinechallenge/discover for more information about the Google Online Marketing Challenge.
What are the prizes?
- Global Winners: The Global Winners and their professor will receive a seven-night trip to San Francisco, including one day at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet with Googlers from the AdWords, University Programs and Marketing teams. The team will also receive computing devices, along with other prizes.
- Regional Winners: Regional Winners and their professors receive a two-night trip to a regional Google ofﬁce. The teams will also receive computing devices, as well as other prizes.
- Google+ Social Media Marketing Awards: Each student in the Global and Regional Social Media winning teams will receive a computing device, as well as other prizes.
How do I sign up?
- First, you will need to form a team of 3-6 members, including a Team Captain.
- Second, you must contact Professor Ahmed Banafa via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- which includes the names and student ID’s of each group member, and your availability to meet with him.
NPU gives special thanks to Professor Ahmed Banafa for making this happen!